Book an Appointment : 06123540100
refers to the branch of medicine that is related to diagnosis and treatment of
diseases affecting different parts of the body by using non-surgical methods.
The internist works with different organs of the patients such as the heart,
lungs, brain, and others.
A specialist in the
field of internal medicine is a general physician. They keep records of the
patient's symptoms, previous illness, any allergies, or any disease in the
family’s history. They must also know about the lifestyle of the patient which
plays a significant role in his health.
Role of General
- They treat patients by performing regular tests for
diagnosing the condition and providing medication. They might consult
specialists’ opinions if necessary.
- They focus on your physical as well as mental health.
- They also concentrate on providing preventive measures
such as immunizations, health counseling, and physical activities.
- General Medicine practitioners treat patients of all
age groups; from children to adults.
- They often become family doctors and are termed family
- They are not likely to perform surgeries.
Concerning General Medicine Practitioner
General Medicine deals
with diseases that are of both acute and chronic nature. Also, the restriction
of these diseases is not to any one body part. Rather, these diseases can
develop in any region of the body. To get this particular treatment, you
should search ‘General Medicine near me’. Below some common disease details:
- Asthma –
Asthma is a respiratory disease affecting lungs pathways by making the
airway narrow/swell, producing mucus. It leads to difficulty in breathing.
- Cough (dry, with phlegm, mild or severe)
- Chest pressure
- Shortness of breath at night
- Throat irritation
- Rapid breathing
- Pale face
What are the treatment
The treatment depends
upon the condition of the patients.
- Long-term Medications- Long-term medications involve
the intake of corticosteroids to keep your asthma under control.
- Inhalers- These are the fast treatment for asthma. They
consist of inhaled corticosteroids. They provide instant relief from
sudden asthma problems. A person with severe asthma is more likely to have
an inhaler with them all time.
- Thyroid malfunctions-
It is caused when there is either hypoproduction i.e., hypothyroidism
(less production), or hyperproduction i.e., hyperthyroidism (excess production)
of thyroid hormones.
Excess production of
Thyroxin (T4) causes hyperthyroidism also known as Grave’s disease.
Lesser production of
TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) by the pituitary gland causes hypothyroidism.
The symptoms of
thyroid malfunction depend upon the disease under concern. However, some basic
symptoms of thyroid disorder are as follows-
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Mood changes
- Weight fluctuations
- Skin issues
- Sensitivity to temperature changes
- Vision changes (in hyperthyroidism) ...
- Hair thinning or hair loss
- Memory issues
Treatments may include
monitoring, medication, radioactive iodine treatments according to the
situation of the patient. The thyroid problems are dealt with regular check-ups
Book an appointment at
BIG Apollo Spectra
Consultation of a
doctor is a must.
- Allergies- Allergies
are the oversensitivity of the immune system towards certain substances or
foods. The exact cause of the allergy is unknown. However, it may be due
to disorders of the immune system. The most common allergy is an allergy
to milk and milk products.
- itchy, runny, or blocked nose
- itchy, red, watering eyes (conjunctivitis)
- chest tightness, and shortness of breath
- Swelling in lips, tongue, eyes, or face.
Allergy is incurable.
They can only be managed through proper medications under the proper guidance
of doctors. Antihistamines, corticosteroids are drugs for inhibiting allergic